WHY BRACES? | LIFE WITH BRACES | TYPES OF BRACES | BRACES DIAGRAM | TYPES OF APPLIANCES | PALATAL EXPANDER | RETAINER INSTRUCTIONS | BONDED RETAINERS | TWO-PHASE TREATMENT | EARLY PREVENTION | FOR CHILDREN | FOR TEENS | FOR ADULTS | SMALL LATERAL TEETH | IMPORTANCE OF AN OPEN AIRWAY | BRUSHING AND FLOSSING | INVISALIGN USE AND CARE | EMERGENCY CARE | LYTHOS™ DIGITAL IMPRESSION SYSTEM | ITERO® DIGITAL IMPRESSION SYSTEM
- Wear your retainer at all times, until the doctor instructs otherwise.
- Take your retainer out when eating, and always put it back in its case! (Most appliances are lost in school lunchrooms or restaurants.)
- Clean the retainer thoroughly once a day with a toothbrush and toothpaste. Use warm but not hot water. Brushing retainers removes the plaque, and eliminates odors. Efferdent® or other orthodontic appliance cleaners can be used but do not take the place of brushing.
- When your retainer is not in your mouth, it should ALWAYS be in its case. Pets love to chew on them!
- Initially, you may find it difficult to speak. Practice speaking, reading, or singing out loud to get used to it faster.
- Retainers are breakable, so treat yours with care. If your retainer gets lost or broken, call us immediately.
- If you have any questions or concerns about your retainer, or you believe it needs adjusting, call us. Do not try to adjust it yourself.